Thursday, February 11, 2010

THE TEMPLE


1st CORINTHIANS 6:15 -20

15 - Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself?
17 - But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
19 - Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20 - you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.


Happy Monday friends! So a little over a week ago I had been talking about change. Well, I am at the point where I believe I am ready to tackle another challenge. I have been planning for about a month now, to begin a weight loss plan to lose 60lbs by September 1st. so I expect all of you to keep me accountable. It just so happens (as I found out last Thursday) that beginning today, KAFC is promoting a biggest loser competition. It lasts for three months and the winner gets a free trip for two to Yelape Mexico for a week! So now that i've got some extra motivation, it has become my goal to lose at least 30lbs by May 1st. I am feeling very confident! With God as my strength and my mom as my trainer, I am feeling ready to tackle the most difficult goal I've put on myself within the last year. My Mom is a body builder so I'm pretty sure she qualifies. She is also my sponsor, providing me a lot of free product from her business Pure AK Energy supplements.

I have two main motivations for doing this.
- One, is so that I can become heather for my family. I want to be able to do the things my parents did with me when I was growing up. I lived in an active household of skiing, 4 wheeling, camping, and sports. I was a very healthy kid growing up. I even used to be a model if you can believe that!

- Two, I am putting together a worship band where the focus will be to minister to people throughout Anchorage with a high energy, Worship concert experience. We'll be playing at youth conferences across the city and maybe State, as well as opening for concerts, and playing for youth at some schools. I want to make sure that I have the energy to keep up with the work it takes to lead a band like this.

I also want to be able to give my all to this ministry and to my family, and if I continue to live the way that I am, then my all isn't very much. I need strength so I can be used more effectively by God. I need the ability to physically endure for his Kingdom! For the next handful of months I pray for mental strength and will from God to emotionally endure the trials I am about to put on my body - Workouts five days a week - twice a day, and a very strict diet and supplement plan. I also need about 8-10 hours of sleep a day. I ask for prayer for my wife. This is more time that she is going to have to give up spending with me. She will have a hard time and I pray for her support, but most of all I pray that i am never to busy for her. A lot of you know how I am - I am a little spastic and very A.D.D., and competitive! I am one of those people that get lost in work and projects so I pray for heathy time management as well.

I thank all of you who continue to read these posts, and I am very encouraged by all of you who continue to respond to them.

I pray you all have a blessed day,

Dave Roediger


1 comment:

  1. I wonder where you get the "I am a little spastic and very A.D.D., and competitive!" from? Must be from your dad.

    Love you much,

    Mom

    ps You can do anything you put your trust & mind to.

    ReplyDelete