Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Is Me

I am just a normal person who happens to be a better thinker than speaker. I have found it easier to place my internal thoughts on paper (so to speak) than to organize my random mental dribble into an understandable and systematic approach that anyone other than myself can understand. So this is why I created a blog!

I am a 27 year old male that lives in frigid Anchorage Alaska. I am married to an amazing wife, and we are expecting our first child in the first week of September. I make a living as an Audio Engineer - currently working as the Audio Director for the largest Baptist ministry in Alaska -ABT. Before I took on the responsibility of ministry, I worked as a guitar instructor, Audio Tech/mixer, and crew manager for two of the states largest production companies. Played in a few good and not so good bands.

As a child - I grew up in a middle class home with two loving parents and a sister. Even in these circumstances, I have a background of sexual abuse and very low self esteem. These two problems haunted me through much of my youth, in part causing a destructive pattern of drugs, alcohol, theft, vandalism, violence, self isolation, sex, lying, and mild hints of OCD. Some of which has lasted into my twenties. To deal with some of these problems I turned to music. Unfortunately the music that I listened to did nothing more but encourage the behavioral issue that I was indulging in. As I got older God reintroduced me to a high school friend (Ryan) who brought me back to church. I haven't left since. My twenties have been a great struggle to deal with and dig out the seeds that I had sown as a youth, but have seen the triumphs over life's hurdles by constantly working hard to keep my eyes focused on God. It is really through Him that I have been able to turn my life around and turn down the road I should have taken many years ago.

These blog postings will be a reflection of things that run trough my mind on a fairly regular basis, lessons I have learned, and most of all I will try to stay true to what some believe are my spiritual gifts as an exhorter and teacher - using this blog as a vehicle to motivated and inspire other people to seek out the glory of God. Thanks for reading.

God Bless,

Dave Roediger

No comments:

Post a Comment